About a year ago, I started listening to podcasts. Now, I can’t stop! The biggest benefit of podcasts is convenience. I listen to podcasts in my car during my daily commute, because that’s when my ears are free to listen and learn. After listening to one of my favorite 30-45 minute podcasts, my mind buzzes from a boost of inspiration and new ideas. If you haven’t entered the world of podcasts, I suggest you do!
Here are my favorite social media marketing podcasts to date:
The Social Media Marketing Podcast by Social Media Examiner: This podcast is hosted by Michael Stelzner, the founder of Social Media Examiner. Stelzner interviews social media marketing pros who share their best tips and success stories on a given topic. What I love about this podcast is that it is routine and organized. First, Michael and his colleague Eric share a recent discovery (usually an app that increases productivity) and it is never a paid advertisement. This podcast is authentic. Next, there is usually a message from the sponsor which happens to be the dreamy Social Media Marketing World conference by Social Media Examiner. Finally, Michael interviews an inspirational guest who offers value to the listener through tips and success stories. I’m also fond of the branding. The entire theme of Social Media Examiner is “navigating the social jungle” and the safari-themed intro to the podcast is entertaining and consistent. The sound is top-quality, too!
- Word of Mouth: Getting Others to Talk About Your Business – May 01, 2015
- Video Blogging: How to Become a Video Personality – Mar 13, 2015
- Getting Attention: The Science of Being Captivating Online – Aug 28, 2015
Social Media Social Hour by Tyler Anderson: Each week, Anderson welcomes a social media influencer or marketer from a top brand to chat about social media marketing strategy. This show is organized and helpful. The show has the same introduction and conclusion. Tyler likes to keep things fun, and always ends his show with 6 random questions for the guest. Tyler has serious experience in social media and content marketing. Check him out here!
- Video Tips For Social Media Marketers – Sep 18, 2015
- Snapchat For Business: 4 Ways Your Business Can Use Snapchat – Jun 05, 2015
- The Key To Social Media Storytelling: Stop Marketing, Start Storytelling – April 22, 2015
The Online Marketing Made Easy Podcast by Amy Porterfield Podcast: Amy is a social media strategist and co-author of Facebook Marketing All-In-One for Dummies — and she has an amazing voice for podcasts! I heard her on the Social Media Marketing podcast, and instantly became a big fan. She is so knowledgable and talented at teaching others. I also like that her podcast features topics are different than the usual suspects from other podcasters. Hear it for yourself!
- #74: Write Better Copy: Quick Tips for More Confident Communication
- #69: Blogging Essentials for Busy Entrepreneurs
- #61: How to Use Visual Content to Drive Traffic, Shares and Sales with Donna Moritz
What are your favorite podcasts?