Restaurants need to find creative ways to get free attention on social media these days. In January of 2018, Facebook announced that the news feed will show less content from professional Facebook pages and prioritize content that promotes conversations.
Using Facebook Live Video is an easy way to create content that starts conversations and gets plenty of comments and likes.
People love watching live videos:
- 78% of online audiences are already watching video on Facebook
- 80% would rather watch live video from a brand than read a blog and 82% prefer live video from a brand to social posts (Livestream and New York Magazine Survey)
- According to Tubular Insights, viewers spend 8X longer with live video than on-demand
Are you curious about how you could use Facebook Live to get people talking about your restaurant? Try one of these ideas:
- Tell a really good story. How was your restaurant started? Is there a funny story behind your most popular dessert? Sit down to tell viewers a great story.
- Give a tour of your restaurant. Show viewers around the restaurant in a fun way. Choose several stops around your restaurant that give you a short story to tell. Do your walls have pictures and memorabilia on them? Tell viewers about it!
- Introduce a new menu item. Did you add something delicious to your menu? Announce it with a live video! Make sure to get your followers and guests excited by teasing the video for a week or two.
- Interview an employee. Show off your best employees! Sit down with an employee and ask them a few fun and interesting questions.
- Live stream at an event. Are you feeding the local sport’s team or sponsoring an fundraising event? Go live and show viewers what’s going on at your spot!
Are you going to try any of these live video ideas? Comment to let me know!