You have gorgeous crystals to sell. Amethyst, celestite, clear quartz, tiger’s eye, citrine, rose quartz, some man-made glass stones that are too beautiful not to sell!
But you’ve got loads of competitors and everyone is selling the same sorts of items. Maybe you have something different but really, you haven’t discovered an ancient crystal that flashes and shimmers more than any other stone on earth. You’re one of many shops on Etsy and Instagram trying to make crystal selling your main source of income.
You want to sell crystals on Instagram? You need to have an enchanting brand for your business on Instagram.
I’ve scoured Instagram for the best crystal sellers and I’ve done the research for you. Here is what I’ve found…
The magical marketing recipe to selling crystals on Instagram
Step 1: Set up your Instagram profile correctly
- Your Instagram username should match the name of your store on Etsy so nobody is confused
- Your Instagram account should be a Business profile, not a personal profile so you get all the benefits (post analytics, shoppable feed feature, contact options for followers)
- Upload your logo or a headshot as your profile picture
- Add your shop’s URL to the link in bio field
- Write a bio that catches users’ attention, teaches them about what you sell, and encourages them to click over to your shop using the link in bio
Need inspiration for a magical Instagram bio? Check these shops out:
Step 2: Share gorgeous photos of your crystals for sale with thoughtful captions
First, make sure you take amazing photos of your crystals. Consider photographing them near a window so you have beautiful, natural light. Think of ways to arrange the crystals beautifully and brainstorm backgrounds to use that will brand your shop. If you use the same backgrounds, your followers will recognize your brand immediately.
Instagram is very visual but captions are proving to be equally as important. Think about what your customers want to read. You could provide information about the meaning of the crystal, a story about where it’s from, or an affirmation that can be said while holding the crystal.
Need inspiration for your Instagram posts? Check out these magical posts:
Step 3: Sell those crystals! Do a live sale, post photos of what is available to your Instagram story, or create shoppable photos using the Facebook Store feature
You want to get your followers shopping. Here’s how you can do it:
- Schedule a live video sale
- Post a countdown and allow followers to click on it to set a reminder on Instagram
- Go LIVE and show off each unique crystal
- Ask users to comment SOLD – # to claim the crystal OR send them to your online shop to check out
- Post a crystal sale to your Instagram story so followers can tap through your story and see everything you have for sale
Want to see who does it best? Swipe through these examples:
3. Make your photo posts shoppable
If your Instagram business profile is linked to a Facebook page that has a shop, you can create shoppable links on your photo posts. Check out this example:
Once you’ve got your branding down and you’re actively selling crystals on Instagram, just remember to be:
One shop that really impresses me is @heyplantladystudio. Why? Because she is professional, is consistent about posting once a day, and sticks to her branding. She doesn’t post things that aren’t related to her work as a jewelry maker. She makes beautiful malas which are necklaces made with crystal beads. Check her out!
Best of luck! If you know any AMAZING crystal shops who do a fabulous job of marketing their wares, put them in the comments below.